(1) Bookings are normally from Saturday entrance 15.00pm to leaving on Saturday 10.00am.
(Please enquire for other periods, midweek, 3 day minimum & long weekends.)
(2) 50% deposit will be required on booking which can be paid by cheque made out to ‘Stuart Richardson’, Paypal or through bank with BACS, details supplied by owner, or with cash on arrival.
(3) If a booking is made less than 8 weeks before holiday is due to start, the full rent, plus any additional charges must be paid at the time of booking.
(4) As soon as the booking is accepted by us, the guest is liable for payment of the balance of the rent, along with any additional charges.
(5) Payment of the rent and additional charges are payable to us eight weeks before the start of the Holiday (’the Due Date’) and non-payment by the Due Date may be treated as a cancellation.
(6) If payment is not received by the Due Date, then the Guest will lose their booking and the deposit will be forfeit.
(7) We do not and shall not be responsible for sending reminders of the Due Date. The Due Date will be set out on the Booking Confirmation, issued by Email or Letter.
(8) The deposit is not refundable in the event of cancellation. The final balance will be refunded if we are able to let the cottage at the same price.
(9) A booking can only be cancelled prior to the start of the holiday.
(10) A guest who wishes to cancel the holiday must notify us in writing within seven days of them becoming aware that they cannot take up the holiday.
(11) In the event of cancellation due to death, injury, or a summons for jury service of any member of the booking party, the full rent less a £15.00 administration charge, will be refunded.
(12) In the event that cancellation is made other than under afore mentioned clause, then the cancellation charge is payable depending on the number of days before the Holiday start date that the Cancellation Notice is received by us.
(13) The amount payable is set out as follows,
0-13 days 100% 14-27 days 75% 28-55 days 60% 56 or more Deposit.
(14) The dates of the Holiday may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates. A £15.00 re-booking fee is payable.
(15) A booking taken by us and confirmed forms a contract. We suggest you should take out a holiday insurance to cover yourself in the event of cancellation.
(16) We will not be liable for any accident, damage, loss, injury, expense or inconvenience, whether to person or property, which the guest or any other person may suffer or incur arising out of, or in any way connected with the rental unless we are responsible. In addition, we accept no liability for loss of or damage to the Guest’s possessions on the Owners’ property or land.
Nothing in these conditions excludes or limits the guests liability:
1. for death or personal injury caused by negligence;
2. for any matter which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
(17) Pets are allowed by prior arrangement for which there will be an additional charge of £15.00.
(18) All rates include electricity, Gas, Bed Linen and Towels.
(19) Smoking is not allowed in the cottage.